All players with the club must be registered with one of the two sanctioning bodies; US Club Soccer or CalNorth. Practice team players should also be registered for the supplementary insurance it provides and to allow them to guest play a game or two with the team should the opportunity arise.
Prior to beginning player registration you will need to gather the following:
- Player Registration/Medical Release – form 1601 (CYSA) or form R002 (USClub). 1601 must be done annually, R002 is done one time. Links to the forms are further down the page.
- Proof of Birthdate (POB) – copy of birth certificate or passport.
- Digital Photo – both registration systems now provide a cropping tool that you use when loading the photo.
Please download and follow instructions on how to register your team and players. Note that deadlines for CCSL League and CYSA Team/Player registrations are different. You will need access to the team account on GotSoccer.com and your account on Redwood Soccer. For questions contact CCSL club registrar: Ron Calhoun.
- Form 1601 (player registration/medical form)
- Form 1606 (roster change form)
- Form 1611 (player loan form)
Registration: NorCal Premier & US Club Soccer
Players in the NorCal Premier and NPL leagues will need to be registered with US Club Soccer. Please follow instructions for US Club and NorCal registration from the guide listed below. For questions, contact the Club Registrars at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Currently with US Club Soccer moving to Sports Engine starting Fall 2019, only club level registars have access to the system. Team staff will not have access until that feature becomes available.
Player Releases and Transfers
Players may leave Palo Alto for another club or move to a new team within the club. To Avoid duplicate records in the US Club, Redwood and GotSoccer systems, please file Request for Release/Transfer , so that it can be processed by a Club level registrar. For players transferring to another Palo Alto team, please create a duplicate record in Team Snap after contacting the manager of the current team to get the player information. The transferring team may keep the player on their roster for guest purposes but the player should be marked as ‘non-player’ in Team Snap.
To request a transfer of multiple players in the club onto a team, use the PASC Team Rosters form.